Which NFL players were arrested for marijuana?
With the NFL season winding down and no Super Bowl scheduled, NFL teams are going through their roster changes.
With the league moving forward, we asked a number of experts what the future holds for players who were arrested and/or indicted in their careers for marijuana.
Here are some key players who have been linked to marijuana charges: * RB Rashad Jennings: Jennings was arrested for possession of marijuana on May 16, 2016.
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Jennings and teammate Nick Mangold were “reunited” during the game.
He was released from the Eagles’ practice squad and signed by the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent on July 4, 2016, the day after the team released him.
The Browns drafted him in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
The NFL is still reviewing the charges, but Jennings has not been suspended from the league.
* CB Marcus Peters: Peters was arrested on May 31, 2016 for possession with intent to deliver marijuana, a misdemeanor.
He and his family were reportedly “friends with” another man at the time, according to ESPN.
According the Philadelphia Inquirer, Peters was also arrested in October 2015 for a DUI and is awaiting trial.
The league is still investigating Peters’ charges.
* RB Corey Grant: Grant was arrested in February 2017 on charges of marijuana possession and possession of a controlled substance.
The Philadelphia Eagles released him on May 23, 2018, and he is now with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
He has yet to play in an NFL game.
* WR Brandon LaFell: LaFelts arrest happened during the preseason.
He reportedly got into an argument with a bouncer in June 2018 and ended up getting arrested for disorderly conduct and disorderly conduct in the same incident, according the Philadelphia News.
LaFels release from the Titans in February 2019 ended his NFL career.
* OT Jason Peters: The former Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman was arrested March 5, 2019 on charges related to marijuana possession.
The incident happened while the team was in the middle of a game and was “scheduled” by the Eagles, according CBS Sports.
Peters was released in March 2020, and the team is currently investigating the incident.
* LB Brandon Bostick: Bosticks arrest happened on April 1, 2020.
He is currently serving a 30-day prison sentence in North Carolina.
He allegedly “had a small amount of marijuana in his car” at the scene, according his attorney.
* DT Jason Peters Jr.: Peters Jr. was arrested June 7, 2020 on charges for marijuana possession, according ESPN.
The Washington Redskins released him in December 2021.
* S Chris Long: Long was arrested July 20, 2020, on charges stemming from an incident in January 2020.
The New York Giants released him a month later.
* OL Michael Bennett: Bennett was arrested August 12, 2020 for misdemeanor marijuana possession at a restaurant in Atlanta, according Sports Illustrated.
He had been released from prison earlier that month.
Bennett was released by the Seahawks in December 2020.
* DE/OLB Shaq Lawson: Lawson was arrested April 17, 2020 in Arizona on a misdemeanor marijuana charge.
Lawson was released on parole in July 2020.